Martin Dec 13, 2015 02:41:06
5 206
OS Windows 7 
Mother board Alienware 14r2 

The LED indicator light on my  HUD-DX1 doesn't turn on when connected to my laptop's USB ports.

Per page 7 of the owner's manual, a red is for DSD mode, Orange iis for DXD, Green for PCM, and "off" if for Power Off.

When is the LED light supposed to turn on?

I would think it should indicaate it's connected by turning on, as on my HUD-MiNi.

Please advise.

Audinst 2015-12-14 pm 14:39

Did you use the adaptor?
This product can be operated under most computing environments using USB power without connecting the adaptor.
But the adaptor has to be used when using power from bus power USB hub, laptop, low power computer that have unstable power from the USB port.

Could you let us know that you are using an adaptor?

If you use the adaptor, please check with other computer.

Thanks.

Martin 2015-12-15 am 04:43

Are you with tech support?

If you are, PLEASE RE-READ MY POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said I hooked the device up to my laptop's USB port. I also said I own a HUD-mini,  the  LED on my HUD mini works, it lights. The DAC works fine, the only problem is with the LED light, which I think should be "green", when connected.

Being that the HUD mini's LED function was fixed with the last firmware  update, this  MAY be related to a  firmware problem. 

Please refer to your forum, http://audinst.com/en/drivers/291. Where it is stated, "- Additional Correction Content -
A green color is displayed during sound reproduction. " This repaired the LED light function on my HUD mini!!!!!!!!!!1

Martin 2015-12-15 am 04:43

Are you with tech support?

If you are, PLEASE RE-READ MY POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said I hooked the device up to my laptop's USB port. I also said I own a HUD-mini,  the  LED on my HUD mini works, it lights. The DAC works fine, the only problem is with the LED light, which I think should be "green", when connected.

Being that the HUD mini's LED function was fixed with the last firmware  update, this  MAY be related to a  firmware problem. 

Please refer to your forum, http://audinst.com/en/drivers/291. Where it is stated, "- Additional Correction Content -
A green color is displayed during sound reproduction. " This repaired the LED light function on my HUD mini!!!!!!!!!!1

Audinst 2015-12-15 pm 18:08

When connected it, the LED is as follows;
Optcial: green
USB: orange
DSD: red
DXD: orange
PCM: green

We would like to check it through a picture, or a video.
If possible, could you send them?

Thanks.

Audinst 2015-12-19 pm 13:08

On the OFF mode, when the HUD-DX1 connect to the laptop's USB ports, the indicator lamp don't turn on.
If you set the product to OFF, sound output will be stopped and the indicator lamp will turn off in about 5 seconds.
When you push it down to use "USB", it will turn on to green.
AUDINST