Overview for HUD-mini
Connecting the Hardware and Utilization in Mac OS X
Connecting the Hardware and Utilization in Windows XP
Connecting the Hardware and Utilization in Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10
Safety Information ▼
You should read this document before using this product in order to use it safely.
Product Introduction ▼
• Overview of HUD-mini
HUD-mini was developed to realize sound quality that could be attained from Hi-Fi audio equipment only by connecting to USB port of notebook or desktop PC. It has simple and elegant design with easy installation and mobility using external USB DAC, and it was designed as high performance Hi-Fi audio equipment internally applying integrated design to the maximum in small space to make best performance in spite of compact size.
• Reproduction of High Quality Sound of 24 bit/96kHz
It can reproduce high quality sound source of 24 bit/96kHz without any loss by the adoption of updated Vinyl EnvyUSB 2.0 Audio Controller of VIA, and it can display high resolution and Hi-Fi level of audio quality by the adoption of Ti PCM1791A with 24 bit/192kHz specification. Equipped with Highest Grade of OPAMP and High Performance Headphone Amplifier
It realized high performance and high fidelity audio with very low distortion of THD+N 0.00003% and ultra low noise by the adoption of LME49860 of National Semiconductor for DAC output stage. Also, you can enjoy sufficient sound volume using the headphone of less than 300Ω by the adoption of AD8397 of Analog Device. High quality audio signal which is generated through high-level components is applied to speaker, earphone or headphone as it is providing Hi-Fi level of audio environment.
• Equipped with LDO Regulator of High Performance and Ultra Low Noise and Inverter Circuit for Power Stage
Positive and negative voltages are required to drive high performance OPAMP of dual power type. After the rectification process of USB power supplied via USB port to stable power without noise through LDO regulator and Low-ESR capacitor, the best analog signal with ampleness and density which can be attained from high-end equipments can be created by the provision of consistent dual power to OPAMP circuit via high performance inverter.
• Application of high purity TCXO on Clock Generator of USB Controller
• Application of high performance ALPS potentiometer on headphone output volume controller
• Application of high grade film capacitor of WIMA on a low-pass filter terminal
• A total of five special purpose regulators, high performance low-ESR and many tantalum capacitors are applied for supplying stable and high quality power.
• The DAC power terminal is applied with high performance solid capacitors of super low-ESR & high ripple current.
• A highest quality metal film resistor of Vishay-Dale applied for high-end audio equipment is adopted.
• DDC function is mounted capable of outputting a USB digital audio signal to the S/PDIF (Optical TX).
• 88. 2 kHz is supported that is not supported by most of the USB Audio DACs.
• An anti-POP circuit is mounted for removing unnecessary noise generated when power is turned on and off.
Key features and Package Contents ▼
● Interface : USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 Full Speed compliant
● Resolution/Sampling rate : 16/24bit, 44.1/48/88.2/ 96kHz
● D/A Converter : 24bit 192kHz, 113dB SNR
● Headphone Out : Stereo phone & Stereo mini (16∼300Ω)
● Line Out : Unbalanced RCA
● Digital Out (S/PDIF) : Optical
● OPAMP Configuration : LME49860 (Socket), AD8397 (SMD)
● Power Supply : USB Bus Power
● OS : Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10, Mac OS X
● Dimensions : 100mm x 75mm x 22mm (W x D x H)
● Weight : 160g
- HUD-mini body
- USB Cable (USB A to B Type, 1.5M)
- RCA Cable (1.5M)
- Rubber feet (Body Fixing)
※ Program/driver CDs are not included in product configuration, and the configuration may be subject to change for performance improvement without any prior notice.
Identifying the Parts and Descriptions ▼
① & ② Headphone-Out ( 6.3mm stereo phone / 3.5mm stereo mini)
Connect a head phone of 6.3Ø and/or 3.5Ø jack or an earphone.
※ Minimize volume of head phone if possible when connecting the head phone, avoid connecting other devices than the head phone as connection with other devices may cause defect or failure.
③ Output Selector Switch
Selects Output. Headphone-Out is upside, and Line-Out is downside.
An orange color is displayed when USB is connected, and green color is displayed during sound reproduction.
⑤ Volume Control
Controls volume level of Headphone-Out.
※ By the nature of analog volume, Analog volume knob is recommended to be set at least 25%(9 o`clock) or higher.
※ Volume of line out can be adjusted by device volume of Windows or volume of speaker (amplifier).
⑥ Optical Out (S/PDIF Optical-Out)
PCM output can be utilized, and can be connected to a receiver amplifier having an optical input function via an optical cable.
※ A driver to use AC3 pass-through function is activated on the hompage, you can set it on the player.
⑦ USB Port
Connect to USB port of your computer using a bundled USB cable.
⑧ RCA Output
Connection to the speaker (amplifier) is made using an RCA cable.
※ A passive speaker without a built in amp should be connected using an amp.
Connecting the Hardware and Utilization ▼
• Connecting the Hardware and Utilization in Mac OS X
No driver installation is required. HUD-mini will be automatically recognized as USB AUDIO device shortly it is USB-connected to your computer. Then you can enjoy HUD-mini shortly.
System Configuration → Sound, HUD-mini will be registered automatically.
Sample format and bit quality can be changed in the audio MIDI set-up as per the following:
• Connecting the Hardware and Utilization in Windows XP
When HUD-mini is USB-connected to your computer, Windows basic USB AUDIO driver will be automatically installed, showing `New hardware Detected` message. [Control Panel] – [Sound and Audio Device] – [Audio], Audinst HUD-mini will be registered automatically. Then you can enjoy HUD-mini shortly.
• Volume set-up of windows volume mixer
Preferably, volume of windows volume mixer is advantageously set up at a maximum level for sound quality. However, in case of using an ear phone or head phone having a low impedance, an adequate sound volume must be obtained for use through adjustment of volume of windows volume mixer and analogue volume controller.
• Connecting the Hardware and Utilization in Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10
Connection of HUD-mini to USB port of PC allows an automatic recognition of device, whereby windows basic USB Audio driver can be installed. Automatic registration of [Speaker Audinst HUD-mini] on the Control panel → sound → reproduction section allows the sound to be outputted instantly.
Set-up of sound reproduction output device at [SPDIF interface Audinst HUD-mini] as shown under, when AV receiver having an optical input function is used, can use PCM digital output via an optical output terminal.
※ AC3(Dolby Digital) / DTS pass-through may be supported by provision of driver through website.
※ PCM digital output is useable even if sound reproduction output device is set up to [speaker Audinst HUD-mini].
Hook-Up Application ▼
Cautions when Exchanging OPAMP ▼
HUD-mini is replaceable with LME49860 OPAMP of National Semiconductor as a replaceable socket type, such that you may replace OPAMP according to your musical choice. When replacing the OPAMP, use a Phillips screw driver to separate PCB of HUD-mini from the case, pull out the existing OPAMP from the outlet, and mount a new OPAMP to the empty outlet as shown in the picture, where directions of the OPAMP and groove of the outlet must be correctly aligned.
※ Caution: OPAMP replacement must be performed while connection between HUD-mini and USB cable is disconnected, and OPAMP set-up direction, use standard and driving voltage must be checked in advance.
• Careful attention is needed in set-up direction when OPAMP is to be replaced. Damage and/or functional failure to the product caused by installation of improper OPAMP, erroneous and/or wrong insertion of OPAMP may prevent you from receiving a free repair or service even within a warranty period, such that you are required to carefully replace or install the OPAMP.
• OPAMP standard useable for HUD-mini: DIP Type & Dual Type(Stereo) OPAMP (SMD type is useable by conversion from SMD to DIP, and single type is useable by conversion from single to dual)
• OPAMP driving voltages are indicated as minimum driving voltage and maximum driving voltage on website data sheet of relevant manufacturer. ±5V of HUD-mini are supplied to the OPAMP circuit, and check, before installation, whether the voltage is between the minimum driving voltage and maximum driving voltage of the OPAMP to be used.
ex) LME49860 : Operating Voltage ±2.5V to ±22V → Useable
MUSES01 : Operating Voltage ±9V to ±16V → Un-useable
MUSES02 : Operating Voltage ±3.5V to ±16V → Useable
Service Information ▼
Warranty period is 2 years from the date of purchase.
• Receipt of the product tells the date of purchase, and if it is impossible to check the date of purchase from the receipt, the date of purchase is regarded as the same date with that of manufacture.
• Free repair would be accepted only in case of breakdowns during normal use of the product under warranty. Even if the product is under warranty, repair for the product would be charged when the product is damaged by natural disasters(lighting, fire, immersion, and so on), is modified, and is damaged and broken down by user’s careless behaviors and faults.
• If the product breaks down under warranty, you can use mail or delivery service in order to get free repair or you can visit our Customer Service Center yourself for free repair.
• For more inquiries and technical supports for the product, please visit Audinst website to use customer board or contact us for consultation.
• Customer Service Center
#801-1 Jooan Sibeom Gongdan, 17-1, Jooan-Dong, Nam-Gu, Incheon, Korea
본 설명서는 (주)오딘스트가 모든 저작권을 가지므로 내용 중 일부라도 복제하는 것은 금지되어 있습니다. 본 설명서에 기록된 제품의 성능이나 사용방법은 제품의 성능 향상을 위해 예고 없이 변경될 수 있습니다.
● 홈페이지 : http://www.audinst.com
● 고객지원센터 : 인천광역시 남구 주염로 58 (주안동, 주안시범공단공장동 801-1호)
Since only Audinst Inc. holds the copyright, this manual may not be copied or photocopied, in whole or in part. In order to improve performance, the contents of this manual including the capabilities and the ways to use the product is subject to change without notice.
本書の著作権は Audinst Inc. に帰属します。本書の一部あるいは全部を Audinst Inc. から書面による事前の許諾を得ることなく複写複製（コピー）することを禁じます。本書に表示された製品の機能または規格は、性能向上のために予告なしに変更されることがあります。
B급 기기(가정용 방송통신기기)
이 기기는 가정용으로 전자파 적합 등록을 한 기기로써 주로 가정에서 사용하는 것을 목적으로 하며, 모든지역에서 사용할 수 있습니다.
1. 기기의 명칭(모델명) : HUD-mini
2. 인증번호 : KCC-REM-Ast-HUD-mini
3. 인증자 상호 : (주)오딘스트
4. 제조자/제조국가: (주)오딘스트 / 한국
● Microsoft, Windows 및 Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10은 미국 또는 기타국가에서 Microsoft Corporation의 등록상표 또는 상표입니다.
● Macintosh, Mac OS 및 iPod, iPad 는 Apple Inc.의 상표입니다.
● 본 설명서에 기재된 모든 다른 상표명은 해당 회사의 상표 또는 등록 상표입니다.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in acco rdance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
ㆍReorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
ㆍIncrease the separation between the equipment and receiver.
ㆍConnect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
ㆍConsult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Modifications not expressly approved by the manufacturer could void the user's authority to operated the equipment under FCC rules.